“RPA takes the robot out of the human. The average knowledge worker employed on a back-office process has a lot of repetitive, routine tasks that are dreary and uninteresting. RPA is a type of software that mimics the activity of a human being in carrying out a task within a process. It can do repetitive stuff more quickly, accurately, and tirelessly than humans, freeing them to do other tasks requiring human strengths such as emotional intelligence, reasoning, judgment, and interaction with the customer“
Leslie Willcoks, Professor and president of the Innovatie group at the London School of Economics
Robotic Process Automation with a databot leaves your existing IT environment untouched. This allows you to automate processes within 4 to 5 weeks. In addition, your databot can just as easily integrate systems or serve as a fully customized application. In fact, the three applications can in many cases be fulfilled by one and the same databot, as long as you make the right choice at the start.
As a databot pioneer, we guide you from the very first decision about the selection of the right databot (which process is suitable for RPA?) And set-up (attended vs unattended) up to and including delivery (detailed process manual which facilitates later adjustments).
(continue reading below the banner)
- >5 years RPA experience. That is why your Databot is operational within 4 to 5 weeks, with minimal workload for your team.
- Simplicity. Don’t particularly like writing BRS’s, SRS’s, Use Cases, Change Requests…? Great! We don’t need them. Lean at its best.
- Strictly in-house trainers. The only constant is change, so your Databot will need to be retrained at some point.. That faster & smoother if you can count on your trusted trainer.
- (Ridiculously) flexible. Your Databot is 100% tailor-made by means of short, direct contact moments between our trainer and your user(s). A simplified SCRUM approach
- Business talk. Your project is supervised by a functional expert from your field. We have decades of experience in Document management, Finance, HR, Lean 6-Sigma, Logistics, Marketing & Sales in our team.
What is RPA?
RPA or Robotic Process Automation leverages an innovative technology called databots. These are specialized in carrying out repetitive, rule-driven administrative work. These smart algorithms can be used as a direct assistant to your employees, which is called “attended RPA” or “Robotic Desktop Automation”. On the other hand, they can also operate stand-alone, as virtual employees. In this case we speak of “unattended RPA”. Our databots are trained to imitate the actions of a human. Sometimes this can be done by literally recording the actions while they are being executed (recording), but usually they are built up through scripts. These scripts tell the databot what to do.
The RPA / RDA solutions that TeRoCo offer fit seamlessly into your existing IT architecture, regardless of whether it is locally, server or cloud oriented. The databot can handle all existing applications (Office, ERP, CRM, Web, own developments, …) by simply using the existing user interface. This avoids programming or extensive testing of your existing systems.
How does Robotic Process Automation work?
During a RPA project, a databot mimics the actions of a human user. Databots can be deployed in different ways:
- As a direct assistant to your employees, what is then called “attended RPA” or “Robotic Desktop Automation / RDA”. In this case, the databot is installed directly on your employee’s computer and is started up by the employee when necessary.
- However, a databot may just as well be installed on a server. In this case, the databot can run 24/7/365 and perform tasks from different departments. For example: continuous processing of orders during working hours, timesheets of employees at night and performing a system readiness in the morning. This is called “unattended RPA”.
However, a data bot can work just as well with other interfaces (SQL, API), which provides unprecedented flexibility. At Teroco we use databots for the most diverse tasks:
- System integrations – Databos are complementary to ETL & iPaas platforms such as Mulesoft, Frends or The Glue.
- Data Management: the Business Rules Engine considerably simplifies and speeds up processes such as data validation, transfer and conversion.
- Development of customized applications
- System readiness check(s) so that problems are detected and solved before the start of the working day.
- Strengthening Lean 6-Sigma projects: Many of the “Machine”, “Method” and “Measurement” causes can be remedied within the standard duration of a DMAIC project – incl. Adjustment during the “Control” phase. This is possible via a low-cost, license-free Proof of Concept.
(continue reading below the carrousel)
How will Teroco help you with your RPA project?
We have several people with >5 years of experience in RPA – that is certainly unique for such a young technology. They are responsible for the development and follow-up of our databot trainers, so you have the guarantee that your project will be delivered on time and within budget.
Points of attention
- Selecting the right process. Exceptionally, databots need extra “fittings” such as OCR (Optical Character Recognition), NLP (Natural Language Processing) or AI (Artificial Intelligence) which increase price and complexity. These may not be the processes you want to start with.
- Selecting the most cost-efficient databot. In addition to the “Big Three” (Automation Anywhere, Blueprism, UiPath), there are strong challengers available in the market. Think of Kofax, Kryon, Pegasystems, Another Monday or Oakwood. Each has its specific strengths and weaknesses as well as its own price model. You pay the wrong choice – literally – in cash: higher surcharges to scale up, pay-per-use costs that go wild … We help you make the right choice from your very first databot.
- Purchasing of your licenses directly from the supplier. You are almost always cheaper off if you buy your license directly, without an intermediary. As a partner of the various suppliers, we can make use of extensive technical support during the training of your databot. Yet you get the “factory price” on your licences.
- Short turnaround. You can approach your project in different ways: via a free but limited POC, a traditional IT project management approach, offshoring, your own people … Thanks to our long experience we have reduced the lead time to 4 to 5 weeks from approval of the offer to 100% ready for production, including fine-tuning.
- Buy-in from your staff: Our Databot trainer works directly with the end user, who can adjust where necessary during the short contact moments. Your people see their new “colleague” grow in his job, entirely according to their wishes and work practices.
- After Sales care. Your business continues to evolve. Small adjustments to your databot are inevitable in the long term: a major upgrade of one of your legacy systems, a new process, new customers … At Teroco we guarantee your continuity through an integrated approach:
- Easy impact analysis thanks to the detailed process manual that we prepare at the end of each project.
- We only work with in-house databot trainers. No outsourcing, no freelancing. This means your trusted trainer is likely to be the one doing the maintenance to your databot. However rest assured that all project details are internally archived in a structured fashion so that each of our trainers can help you at lightning speed.
RPA and your IT department
Obviously your IT must be involved, but the impact of RPA on IT is very limited: The databot installation, creating the necessary User IDs, possibly setting up a VPN tunnel, managing the licenses (renewals, upgrades …) and – ideally – making an inventory of the processes that the databots perform. Our technical people will always assist your IT team during the most important moments: installation, testing and switching to the live environment. At the end of the project we hand over a detailed process manual as well as all details regarding the licenses. That makes it extra easy to manage your databot without outside help.
This is a genuine win-win: IT can focus on the main infrastructure and strategic projects because the “long-tail” of projects is tackled in a structured, manageable way.
We breathe your business
At Teroco, we ensure that every project is supervised by one of our functional experts. This way we eliminate a lot of waste from both the preparatory documentation process (in fact, we eliminate it altogether) as well as the development process. Moreover, it is just nice if everyone speaks the same language. We are not proud of the expertise that we have collected in-house:
- Finance expert: >30 years experienc
- Document management / Language technologie expert: >30 years experience
- IT Expert: >30 years experience
- Human Resources expert: >20 years experience
- Sales & Marketing expert: >20 years experience
- Logistics expert: >20 years experience.
(continue reading underneath the banner)